I've been pondering the idea of starting fresh in the blogging world for several months now. I have been wanting to take things in a different direction...to include more than just scrapbooking. I felt limited on my last blog. I don't know why I felt that way because, after all, it was MY blog, and I was free to post whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. But for whatever reason, I thought that I should keep it restricted just to scrapping.
I started chatting back and forth with my friend, Kristine, about my idea to start fresh. She said, why abandon Scraps of Deb? Scraps don't have to refer to just scrapbooking...
OMG this woman is a GENIUS! Why didn't I think of this before?
So now I'm starting fresh with The Scraps of Life! (Can you hear The Facts of Life theme song in your head now? Or maybe I'm just showing my age here.) Anyway, The Scraps of Life will be a hodge podge of crafty stuff and life in general. Just a place where I can share my projects or things that I find inspiring, and ramble on about total nonsense, much like I am doing right now.
Most posts will be divided into categories, which just so happen to be some of my favorite things:
- Paper Scraps - posts about scrapbooking and recent layouts.
- Yarn Scraps - crochet projects and updates on my Etsy shop of crocheted hats.
- Fabric Scraps - my adventures (or misadventures mostly) as I dabble in learning to sew.
- Table Scraps - cooking, recipes, canning and food preservation.
- General Scraps - whatever else I feel like posting about when I feel like posting about it -anything from what I'm reading to something silly my kids have done or said.
I hope you will follow me in my new blogging adventure! How about a giveaway to kick it off? Click on the "JOIN THIS SITE" button on the sidebar, AND leave a comment on THIS POST, and I will choose a winner at random one week from today (which will be September 25th) to win some fun scrappy goodies from my stash! Here's a picture of the loot:
Thanks for stopping by!